What is Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE®?
Available in many new Mercedes-Benz vehicles, the Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® system activates if an accident is about to occur. When the system activates, it’ll protect you and your passengers by taking precautionary measures. Find out more about this intelligent and proactive safety system with Fletcher Jones Imports in Las Vegas.
How Does the PRESAFE® Mercedes-Benz System Work?
The PRESAFE® system will be triggered if an impending accident is detected. At that point, the following steps are taken to help protect you from harm:
- Tension in the front safety belts is increased to protect occupants from injury.
- The sunroof and windows close to prevent debris from entering the vehicle and injuring passengers during a rollover.
- The front head restraints adjust for maximum crash protection. They move to the best position for preventing passenger injuries.
Extensions of Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE®
Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® doesn’t exist as a purely standalone safety technology; it’s also integrated into other Mercedes-Benz driver assistance features to optimize your safety. You can find Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® working in accordance with systems like:
- DISTRONIC® PLUS: The PRESAFE® Brake feature works with this adaptive cruise control system and slows or stops your vehicle should a straight-ahead vehicle brake suddenly.
- PRESAFE® Sound: Much like the original PRESAFE® system, PRESAFE® Sound activates when an imminent collision or rollover is detected. Once activated, the system emits a “pink noise” from the audio system to stimulate a natural reflex reaction in the human ear. This reflex reaction helps to prevent hearing damage.
- PRESAFE® Impulse Side: Currently available in select Mercedes-Benz models like the S-Class, PRESAFE® Impulse Side addresses the lack of a vehicle’s side crumple zones in the event of a side impact collision in Spring Valley. When the system’s sensors detect imminent side impact, a chamber located in the front-seat side bolster will activate, bringing on rapid inflation. The inflation pushes the seat’s occupant toward the center of the vehicle, away from the door. Inflation also helps reduce the relative speed between the vehicle’s side structure and the occupant’s torso.
Additionally, PRESAFE® uses the same sensors as other driver assists from Mercedes-Benz, including Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, and more.
Mercedes-Benz Models with PRESAFE®
If you’re interested in finding a Mercedes-Benz model with PRESAFE®, you’ll find it standard or available on the following Mercedes-Benz models:
If you have more questions about models and trims with Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE®, visit us at Fletcher Jones Imports near Pahrump.
What Does the “PRESAFE® Functions Limited” Alert Mean?
If you’re driving to North Las Vegas and notice the message “PRESAFE® Functions Limited” displayed inside your Mercedes-Benz, service may be needed. This alert can appear on a vehicle’s information panel, which can be found behind the steering wheel. Most often, this is a quick fix, as it usually means a sensor needs adjustment or cleaning. Schedule service with Fletcher Jones Imports, and one of our factory-trained technicians will determine what needs to be done.
Discover More Mercedes-Benz Safety Features at Fletcher Jones Imports
Want to further protect your vehicle occupants with Mercedes-Benz safety features? In addition to answering questions like, “What is Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE®?”, we can show you other safety technology like ATTENTION ASSIST® and Active Brake Assist. Contact Fletcher Jones Imports with any questions, or plan a trip to our showroom near Summerlin and Paradise.