The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG® C 63: Performance
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG® C 63 excels in many respects, from in-cabin comfort to clever technologies. But it’s the “AMG®” in its name that tells of its most exciting features—a potent V8 engine, high-performance systems, and motorsports roots. Offered in sedan, coupe, and cabriolet body styles, AMG® C 63 performance is stellar across the lineup. Read on to learn more about this race-ready C-Class.
Under the hood of the AMG® C 63, you’ll find a hand-built AMG® 4.0L biturbo V8. It uses a “hot inside v” turbocharger configuration to compress charges and send them to the cylinder bank quickly and efficiently. The walls of each cylinder feature NANOSLIDE® technology, which uses a twin-wire arc spray to cover the bores without added weight. The precise build of the engine makes for powerful and fuel-efficient specs:
- 469 hp
- 479 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph acceleration time of 4 seconds
- EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway rating
Additional Performance Features
Coupled with the engine is an AMG® SPEEDSHIFT® MCT 7-speed. Using AMG® DYNAMIC SELECT®, you can alternate between Comfort, Sport, Sport+, and Individual modes for a drive that’s always different from the last. Those are just two features that help make the C-Class a favorite of critics and drivers. Check out a few more features that enhance AMG® C 63 performance on Summerlin and Spring Valley roads:
- RACESTART®: Activating this feature boosts launches on the track; it fine-tunes traction, startup revs, and shift points for speedier acceleration.
- AMG® High-Performance Braking System: The AMG® C 63 gets 14.2-inch front/rear discs with grey-painted calipers, so you can stop on a dime.
- AMG® Track Pace App: Available for the Apple iPhone®, this app tracks performance data like speed and acceleration, and it’s also compatible with GoPro® cameras should you want to record your laps.
Get Behind the Wheel of the AMG® C 63!
Ready to experience Mercedes-Benz AMG® C 63 performance first-hand? Schedule a test drive at Fletcher Jones Imports in Las Vegas! If you have questions about the C-Class vs. E-Class, or wish to apply for financing, contact us today!