How to Replace a Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament
Whether your Mercedes-Benz hood ornament broke off during a car wash or simply has become weathered and discolored from years of driving, no need to worry – changing your hood ornament is easy and takes only a few minutes. Learn how to replace a Mercedes-Benz hood ornament in a few simple steps!
Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament Replacement Step by Step
Before you get started, you’ll need to make sure you have a new hood ornament and needle nose pliers. Then, follow the steps below:
- Open the hood and pull on the hood release, located under the dashboard on the driver’s side.
- Under the hood, look for the bottom of the hood ornament. This should look like a circular metal tab.
- Use your needle nose pliers to turn the hood ornament’s tab counterclockwise until it pops out on its own. Be careful that it does not fall onto your car’s hood, as it could potentially leave a scratch or ding.
- Then, slide in the new hood ornament from the outside of the hood.
- Use your pliers to secure the new hood ornament. Twist the bottom tab of the hood ornament clockwise to fasten it in its place.
Get Your Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament Replaced at Fletcher Jones Imports
If you would rather have a professional replace the hood ornament to your vehicle, schedule an appointment with Fletcher Jones Imports’s service center. Our certified technicians can quickly and easily install a replacement for you. Contact us for Mercedes-Benz hood ornament replacement pricing, then visit us near Summerlin and Pahrump!